The Best Strawberry Rhubarb Daiquiri Recipe June 18, 2020 – Posted in: Party – Tags: Cocktails, Daiquiri, Drinks, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Summer
Strawberry Rhubarb Daiquiri – a lovely summer cocktail!
You may already know a Strawberry Daiquiri, but have you tried the famous cocktail with a hint of rhubarb? The taste of strawberry and rhubarb complements each other very well on both the sweet and sour side. Add a splash of rum, and you have a perfect cocktail for a hot summer day or as an aperitif, a drink before dinner. If you are not into heavy desserts, a Strawberry Rhubarb Daiquiri can also easily be a delicious and refreshing finish to a lovely barbecue.
What do you need for a Strawberry Rhubarb Daiquiri?
The pink cocktail with the lovely taste of strawberries and rhubarb is served in a lowball glass, or in any glass you would use for a short drink. Be aware that the recipe has two steps: First, make a strawberry rhubarb syrup, which must be left to cool off in before it can be made into the delicious cocktail.
Ingredients for the strawberry rhubarb syrup:
- 250 grams fresh rhubarb
- 250 grams fresh strawberry
- 125 grams sugar
- 1 dl water
- 1 cl lemon juice – freshly squeezed
How to make the strawberry rhubarb syrup
- Clean the rhubarb and cut the stems into smaller pieces.
- Remove the leaf cap from the strawberries.
- Add both to a saucepan along with sugar and water.
- Bring to boil and then simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on.
- Strain the mass through a sieve. Use a spoon to puree the mass through the sieve.
- Allow to cool completely and refrigerate before making your Daiquiri.
How to make 1 Strawberry Rhubarb Daiquiri
Unlike a Strawberry Daiquiri, which in some bars is the equivalent of the adult version of a Slush-Ice including a brain freeze, a Strawberry Rhubarb Daiquiri is a liquid cocktail, free of ice crystals. This is what you do:
- 4 cl white rum
- 3 cl of the now fridge cool strawberry rhubarb syrup
- 2 cl lime juice – equals about ½ a lime
- Ice cubes
- Mint leaves for decoration
- A slice of organic lemon
Add rum, syrup, lime juice and 3-4 ice cubes in a shaker and shake well. Fill a glass with ice and pour the cocktail over. Garnish with a few mint leaves and a slice of lemon.
Treat your loved one to something special!
25 Love Coupons filled with romance, pleasure and lots of love! Give the coupon book for Valentine’s Day, as a Birthday Present or turn the coupons into a fun Christmas Calendar. Or give a single coupon on a day when your loved one needs a little extra attention. Buy them here: Love Coupons